Monday, June 13, 2011

The Alternate Reality

By Christian Capili


        Fusion XII 2011. Keone Madrid and Mariel Martin.

        Genius.

        Breathtaking.


         Words can’t be said to how beautiful this piece is, different interpretations, different opinions, but all comes down to this: “it’s amazing and beautiful.” A piece like no other.  A piece that entails different realities of both by Keone and Mari. No words spoken by any of the performers, yet depicts a moving story that leaves me if not anyone who witnesses it in awe.


         Even as a dancer I can’t help but feel so moved and inspired by this song. It’s just a wonderful piece to watch and a really jaw dropping performance by the group itself. I find myself sitting on the edge of my seat with many emotions run through me because... well quite frankly it’s just that Amazing


         Words alone, can’t comment on this piece, I feel like this piece really are one of those once in a life time, never copied, never re-done or anything. And though I wasn’t there I know for sure, those who sat at that event felt their heart being lifted into the sky and experiencing the freedom and creativity is among us. And that is what that piece really portrays, to inspire, and to create.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow Us On Twitter Facebook Youtube