Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thank you for your kind words

By Matt Tha 5hat


I don’t get down in too many ciphers just because I’m afraid of getting called out. But as of lately I have been itching to get down.

What ciphers are at bboy jams are really the circles where they get down. It may look like they are battling (half the time they are) but they are really vibing off and feeling each others energy. A lot of people has a misconception due to the fact that this dance is competitive, but it truly isn’t violent, and that’s what stepped this dance within the culture of Hip-hop. This is the drive bboys have to want to get better, to evolve.

So aside from that last night I went to a place I like to frequently go to called, Funky soul. It’s in echo park and they play the music I like to hear which is that of funky James Brown type of music. It hits my soul and makes me want to get down! Also every time I go there people are always getting down in these ciphers.

The nastiest bboys like Casper, Smurf, Nasty Ray, K-mel, Crumbs, just know that that place has alotta sick cats that get down there. Last night was no different. I heard the music playing and I was like “who’s getting down right now.” I went straight to the cipher and saw Primate battle monkeys (which are a part of Super Cr3w), Tony Styles from the Renegades, and Bboy Reveals brother. I felt the energy and something inside me led me into that circle of fine. I threw in a couple of rounds and felt good.

I even went up to each bboy and gave them mad love and respect. I also talked to Primate and told him it was good seeing him get down again. He also gave me props as well. So I asked him:

“What advice would you give me, a boy who’s not that new to the scene but not well known?”

He replied:
“Dude do you dance the way you want to dance just because bboys are top bboy, does not mean you have to dance like them. You got your own moves, I see you.”

After that I was in awe like sick awe. I never really get to talk to sick bboys like him because I get intimidated and scared but getting down last night fulfilled my soul, it filled a void in me.

Special thanks to Primate from Battle Monkeys
Thank you for your kind words! Matt the 5hat here signing off.

Remember
“It’s not about the move, it’s about the groove”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow Us On Twitter Facebook Youtube