Monday, November 28, 2011

Inspired #12

By Emeroy Bernardo

This was inspired by the writer of The Simple Dollar. Every week I will be sharing the top 3 things that have inspired me as a person throughout the week.


1. Don't blame the world for your problems. You're your own problem. You're also your own solution.

I heard this watching Bridesmaids during Thanksgiving. I thought the movie was pretty good, but this particular scene and line from the movie really stuck out to me.

We all can be guilty of doing blaming others or something for the wrong that happen within our lives. This was a reminder to myself that everything that I want starts with myself.

2. Thanksgiving

I enjoy the fact that there is a day were we all get to be thankful for what we have. I do believe we should be thankful for everything we get nonetheless. But sometimes we do get lost in the grind of things that we take things for granted.

I appreciate the holidays that allow us to appreciate the things we have even though the holidays itself can drive us mad sometimes.

If we counted our blessing as much as we counted our problems, we'd be a little happier.


3. Training
Whenever I get the chance, I train. Most the time, it's by myself.
I have to admit that training solo is really challenging since their really is no one else to to either challenge you and whatnot. I enjoy vibing off the energy off my friends or the friendly competition of trying to one each other up. 

In contrast to training solo, you have only yourself. Which I think is something really unique in practicing by myself. I have to be my own motivator, I have to come up with my own challenges, and see that I get better. 

I'm intrigued by the idea of becoming self motivated, so that's why I continue to do it. I have to admit I dread the idea of it before I start. But once things start rolling, I drive myself to the ground.

We can easily come up with a million excuses to not do anything, but only one good reason to do it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow Us On Twitter Facebook Youtube