Monday, November 14, 2011

Inspired #10

By Emeroy Bernardo

This was inspired by the writer of The Simple Dollar. Every week I will be sharing the top 3 things that have inspired me as a person throughout the week.

1. Frame Machine
I usually find it a challenge to balance my work an animator and as a dancer.
But ever since establishing my dance schedule with the new company I was recently hired at,the balance is as close to ideal as it can be.
I usually end up being more stressed about dancing because the companies dont know about my dance schedule until after the fact. I just didnt think the schedules would ever collide.

But considering that I teach 10 classes a week over at Jayvee, I did NOT want to take that gamble.
I'm truly thankful for the people of frame machine for being understanding and respectful of my time. It's only motivated me to become a better worker for not only them, but for jayvee as well.

2. Retreat with Fam Biz
I waited until after the Fam Biz retreat to put this post together.
As mentioned, Fambiz went on retreat this past weekend. We threw a retreat last year, but I personally found this retreat more powerful simply because we were away from home.

I always find this as an opportunity for the team to grow, share and learn about each other more without the element of dance. dance is what brigs us all together as a team, but sometimes it ends up being the only thing that connects us.

This retreat allowed us all to be open and vulnerable to one another in a safe environment.
I believe that you truly don't know a person until you've seen their worst.

There is more to life than just dance, and that there's more to dance than just dance. we share who we are to the world at competitions and performances through sharing our talents and dancing. It is through practices and events such as this that allow us to share who we are with each other.

3. We are all survivors
"I'm a survivor - a living example of what people can go through and survive." - Elizabeth Taylor

"I'm a survivor of life. I try to give the glory to God and appreciate what's happening to me." - Mike Epps


The Fam Biz retreat made me realize that we are all survivors of the cards we've been dealt with. Whether we're in a good situation or a bad one, we're constantly working towards something that we know is something bigger and greater than what we have now.
And we almost always have some sort of obstacle that challenges who we are to get there.
The many stories that were shares this weekend has reminded me that I am not he only one who struggles. And that I'm not alone in them either.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow Us On Twitter Facebook Youtube