Friday, November 4, 2011

A Dancer Recognized - Kelly Khuu

By CJ Capili

Kelly Khuu, a fellow member of FamBiz and also a dancers that took up dancing at a young age. She is an El Monte native that has made a name for herself around her peers. She has been taking dance for about 8 years, and began her dance training in Jayvee Dance Center, in which she has learned under the styles of Hip-Hop, Contemporary, Jazz, and Tap.
In this sea of dancers, everyone has their story. And I wanted share hers starting from the beginning.

CJ: Who or what inspired you dance?
KK: When I was a little kid my parents would always see me dancing around and decided to put me in dance lessons and ever since my first dance class I immediately fell in love with it.
CJ: To this day, what motivates you to dance?
KK: I know it sound very cliché but dance really is my drug. Whenever I dance, I literally forget everything and everyone around me and just be in the moment. I don’t know if that make sense but whether taking a class, or dancing at a club, I always feel my most happiest when I’m dancing.


Kelly’s roots in training and performing bring her to Teen Groov, a junior team located at Jayvee Dance Center. She was invited to audition by the studio owner at the time, Joanna Vargas. Along the way her experience with Teen Groov, it has led her to meet many great people including one of her best friends and fellow FamBiz dancer, Serena Su. As her experience as a dancer grew, Kelly has also performed under Breed’s junior exhibition team, Offspring, where she further pushed her ability in dance without the stress of competition.

CJ: If you can define Family Bizness, what would it be?
KK: Family Bizness to me is really a family. Everyone on the team truly cares and enjoy each other’s company. I think what sets us apart from other teams is that we actually like each and everyone one of each other. There are no cliques in our team.
CJ: What are your plans for the future for Fam Biz?
KK: My future plans for Biz would be to help us grow as a team and become one of the best teams in the community.

Kelly Khuu, a old member, and once again an experienced dancer that is dedicated to the art. She is young and energetic she will become one of those dancers that’ll contribute to the future of FamBiz, and also to the dance community. Her growth as a dancer will continue to grow as years goes on, and her motivation, dedication, and inspiration to dance will give her the strength to stand against any obstacles she faces. Kelly Khuu is a determined dancer with a lot of talent, and will become a prominent impact into the shaping of our dance team.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow Us On Twitter Facebook Youtube