Friday, November 18, 2011

A Dancer Recognized - Julian Roca

By CJ Capili

Julian Roca, a Los Angeles native, is one of those dancers that came into dancing with a sense of curiosity and interest. He is a person who continues to show progress and growth not just as a member of Family Bizness, but also as a dancer overall. Being part of something and continually being exposed to different dance styles has allowed him to excel in the thing he truly loves to do.

Residing from Los Angeles, CA he was part of the Glendale High Schools All-Male and Co-Ed Dance Team, and is a current member of Family Bizness. What inspired him begin dancing, he quotes, “When I was into k-pop, I thought the dancers in the music videos were really cool and stuff. So when I got to Glendale, I ended up joining the dance team my Junior year.”

Every person, dancer or not, has a certain spark that continually drives and motivates them to do what they do. Julian is no different, his love for performing for an audience is what pushes him as he states, “Everyone's watching you. You're able to be under the spotlight and show the crowd what you're able to do. You'll be able to shine anywhere on the stage. From the back, the front, at the wing. You just get to be out there and perform. I keep dancing cause being on stage is an amazing feeling, and I wanna have that feeling again, and again.”

As being part of Family Bizness and being a veteran, I asked him a few questions regarding his previous dance experience.

CJ: What was your first dance team?

JR: Glendale High's Drill Dance Team.

CJ: What convinced you to join the team?

JR: I thought it'd be cool to know how to dance.

CJ: How was the experience?

JR: It was a life changing two years of my life. I sacrificed to continue playing basketball and volleyball for the school, but it was worth it. I would've been an athlete for a team that really can't even make it to playoffs if I didn't join. I like winning. The dance team was a really good team, and it really made me into the person I am today. C J: What does Family Bizness mean to you?


CJ: What does Family Bizness mean to you?

JR: “A group of people that like to dance. A bunch of friends that like to hang out together. A family that will take care of you, and try to help you out in whatever kind of situation you're in.”

CJ: What are your plan for the future for FamBiz?

JR: “Get out there in the community. Shine and be noticed. Be thrown in the conversations with those top tier teams. Win.”

Julian Roca, 18, young, bright, eager to learn, and currently on the road to master his craft. He seeks to become better and will do whatever it takes to become better at what he loves to do. We all share the same dedication as dancers, but at times these dedications and reasons to dance differ from one person to another. As for the future of FamBiz, Julian Roca will become the new generation of dancers that’ll rise to become a big impact to the team.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow Us On Twitter Facebook Youtube