Monday, October 24, 2011

Inspired #7


By Emeroy Bernardo


This was inspired by the writer of The Simple Dollar. Every week I will be sharing the top 3 things that have inspired me as a person throughout the week.



1. World of Dance - San Diego

Fam Biz recently performed at World of Dance San Diego. As many times I've performed before, that feeling of being on stage is what continues to help drive me as a dancer.

FamBiz also has some new faces on the team who have never performed for this kind of event. It's like a child seeing the world for the first time, so many of them were blown away with what they've seen. It was a great show a great day, and great job to all the teams that came out and performed!

Competition days can be one of the most stressful and pressure packed days for a team. There's so many things going on at once that focus can quickly be thrown out the window.

On these kind of days I try to keep my team as focused, relaxed, and as level headed as possible. The last thing that I want them to be is overly stressed moments before we go on stage. The only stress I want them to feel is the excitement of performing on stage.

I feel accomplished that the team was able to do this. Instead of worrying about performing we were able to bond and fully enjoy the event instead of being anxious about performing which was only about so-and-so hours away. 

With our first competition finished and passed, I look forward to the many coming events that give us a opportunity to not only share our talents, but the opportunity to evolve as dancers and a team.


2. Be Present

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. " - Buddha

I feel like I've been hearing this phrase echo throughout the past few weeks.  It didn't really hit me until I watched the movie, "Rumor Has It."  There is a scene in the movie were a man is sharing a phrase that changed his life, "be present."

Too many times we that the regrets of the past, anxieties of the future, and many other things in life hold us back from making the decisions of the now. 

With a quiet mind comes an open heart, and it can be quite difficult to have that if our mind is turbulent.
It is what we do now in each and every moment, no matter how big or how small, that will build towards our future and the rest of our life.

3. Less is More
“It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.”

The more you take away, the more you see. Keep it simple.
I've been dabbling with this thought for the past couple of weeks. I know I previously mentioned it in Inspired #4. But I continue to notice how powerful simplicity truly is.

One being that this weekend was FamBiz's competing routine was the most simple yet, but the most successful. We didn't win. But the scores we got from the judges were higher than they have ever been.

Now were on the road of improving and taking out what's unnecessary to make us stronger.





Did you like the article? Check out the previous posts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow Us On Twitter Facebook Youtube