Monday, October 3, 2011

Inspired #4

By Emeroy Bernardo

This was inspired by the writer of The Simple Dollar. Every week I will be sharing the top 3 things that have inspired me as a person throughout the week.


1. Money Ball
I'm normally not the hugest fan of sports movies, let alone baseball. But I do thoroughly enjoy them once I decide to watch them. Once I saw the trailer for this particular movie, I was drawn to it had to watch it.

It's a great movie and I recommend everyone to watch it if you're looking for a feel good movie. I'm not gonna spoil anything or give a movie review here, and I am no expert in baseball either.

What I really liked about the movie is not only the way how the main character changed the way the game of baseball is looked at in putting together a team, but I also like how people reacted. They were so threatened by his point of view of how things were. The were stuck with an old way of doing things, and he very well knew that the old ways weren't going to cut it for this team, so something had to change.

A lot of people don't like the idea of change. Many people think that one way is the best way. Of course it may have worked before, but times change and there's always ways to do things better. There's nothing wrong with mastering one formula and learning another. It gives you another way of looking at things, another solution to a future problem. He saw an opportunity that would not only build his team up, but also an opportunity to change the way players and the way things were currently done.

As a leader I'm always looking to learn for ways to build up my team. And this movie definitely opened up a new door for my thought process. And I'm forward to putting what I've learned to good use.


2. Simplify
“It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.”
This particular quote hit home to me when I read it. One of the many things I've improved on and continue to work on is not taking on so many things on at once. I used to think that keeping busy with all these activities would help me out and was productive. But in reality, my effort and focus simply weren't always there. I wasn't able to give my 100% all the time because I was worrying about the next thing.  It was one thing then quickly off to the other.

Simplifying my life such as saying "no" or detaching myself to unnecessary tasks is definitely an attribute I'm working on. I've been taking small steps forward, and have felt much more relaxed compared to before. I must admit that I'm still busy, but at least now I'm not overwhelmed.

3. Wedding Proposal Flash Mobs
The past few days my friends have been posting up videos of guys doing flash mob proposals.
I was actually invited to do one recently, but am unable to due to prior engagements.

I enjoy watching the efforts of these men to give their signifcant other the most grandiose proposal possible. It's sweet, bold, and pretty damn romantic.

Have a look see if you haven't already!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow Us On Twitter Facebook Youtube