Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Inspired #3

By Emeroy Bernardo


This was inspired by the writer of The Simple Dollar. Every week I will be sharing the top 3 things that have inspired me as a person throughout the week.

This post is a couple days late so I apologize for the delay.



1. My girlfriend's MITT graduation
My girlfriend recently graduated from her MITT Advanced training course.

If you don't know what MITT is. Here's the link to their website to get to know them a little more.

Like I mentioned on a previous post. This program has helped her for the better and I enjoy going to these graduation ceremonies they have at the end of each course because you see the sense of renewal within
all those people in the room. I brought a friend and fellow FamBiz dancer with me this time around and he couldn't help but say, "there's so much ambition in this room!"

I will be taking their basic course soon. Yee. We're all in this journey trying to discover and create the best person we can possibly be. The way I look at it is if this is can help take a step closer in who I want to become, why not take the risk?



2. Teen Groov rehearsal.
This same weekend I had to be the adult supervisor for the junior team I used to direct, Teen Groov at Jayvee since they're all minors. Their directors had prior engagements they couldn't get out of.

I got to warm up the kids with my killer warm-up routine. I didn't do anything else with them until the end of rehearsal where they circle up.

I have to admit that even though that I don't know all the newbies that well, it felt good to be a part of that circle again. It was great sharing what I know as a dancer such as fighting bad habits and
not under estimating their conditioning. I tried not to talk TOO much like I sometimes do. I wanted to to listen them talk about what needs to get done and how they feel about the routine so far.

The kids I directed last year have further evolved into their own. They're becoming not only better dancers, but better leaders and role models. It felt good to be back in the circle again.

3. My Birthday


"Enjoy your youth. You'll never be younger than you are at this very moment.”

This past Friday, September 23 was my 24th birthday. I've never been one to really full on advertise my birthday. I don't yell out to the world that my birthday is coming up. I don't post countdowns on twitter and facebook. Only to the people I care about, which is of coure my friends and family.

Some of my friends came by at the break of midnight to celebrate it with me. I agreed to take part in a game called Edward 40 hands, where they duck tape my hands to some beers. After about an episode of How I
Met Your Mother and pacing myself to drink, I survived the ordeal without throwing up.

I have to admit, even though I'm still young only gaining another year in age, I'm glad to be able to share fun and ridiculous moments with the people I love.

I also want to thank everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday as well whether it was through Facebook, Twitter, or text. Thank you and I love you.


Want more? Here are some previous Inspired posts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow Us On Twitter Facebook Youtube