Monday, October 17, 2011

Inspired #6

By Emeroy Bernardo

This was inspired by the writer of The Simple Dollar. Every week I will be sharing the top 3 things that have inspired me as a person throughout the week.

Disclaimer: Actually, this week is more than top 3. There's just so many things that inspired me that I want to share.

1. No Easy Props Hip Hop 101 Expansion Program

This is video that a friend posted on Facebook. it's featuring one of my favorite B-girls, Asia One along with some fellow hip-hop teachers talking about and after school hip-hop education program they've put together.

The philosophy it what they do is pretty enlightening as not a lot of studios teach the history of hip-hop and its true essence of the culture such as the four elements: B-Boying, DJing, Emceeing, and Graffiti Art.

It's a pretty dope video and is something a lot of these schools need  in California, especially with all the budget cuts. Watch and be inspired.






2. My Morning Classes: Total Body Conditioning

I teach a workout class every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday morning. It's called Total Body Conditioning.
I truly enjoyed teaching this class as a enjoy the energy and the hard work the students put out.

I literally push them to the limits to the point that they're screaming. And after it's all said and done, at the end of class we meditate to relax our minds. It's the ying to our yang.

It not only makes me feel refreshed physically and mentally, but also as a teacher seeing all the smiles( and sighs of relief ) from the students. It lets me know that I'm doing my job right.

3. Courageous
My girlfriends mother recently took us to go watch the movie, Courageous. I wasn't sure what the movie was about, but once I saw the trailer, I was pretty excited to go out an watch it.

The movie was simply amazing, a bit too preachy at times, but nonetheless one of the best movies I've seen that need the use of blood or special effects. 

It's woken me up about responsibility and being accountable. 

Here's the trailer, I hope you get the chance to watch it as well.



4. My Team, FamBiz
My team, Family Bizness has been having some amazing rehearsals recently in preparation for world of dance San Diego. I enjoy the energy they give off when they are truly in the moment; Focused in what they're are doing, supporting each other, and having fun in what they love to do.

I love these moments as I not only feel the growth and evolution in each individual, but the bond between the team growing stronger. As a leader and teacher, these are some of my favorite moments to experience. It is what helps drive me to continue to give.

5. Friends and Family Night
Friends and family night is something Family Bizness always does when they have a new routine for competition. Not all of our loved once will always be able to come out to the events we perform at. So we give them an opportunity to see our routine to share with them what we've worked hard on that's a little closer to home. It's always great doing this event because it's a room full of not only people who support what you, but it's an audience of you're loved ones. It has a deeper connection because of the people you're sharing it with.


6. Oprah Winfrey - Surrender
I'm not the hugest fan of Oprah, but I greatly respect this woman. 



7. Master Class: Jay-Z
I believe that Jay-Z is one of the greatest Hip Hop artists and entrepreneurs ever along with Russell Simmons and Diddy.

He was able to transcend his environment thought would leave many either dead or in jail and become on of the most successful men today.

We all want to be successful, I hope this inspires everyone like it did me.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow Us On Twitter Facebook Youtube