Friday, September 16, 2011

Inspired #1

By Emeroy Bernardo


This was inspired by the writer of The Simple Dollar. Every week I will be sharing the top 3 things that have inspired me as a person throughout the week.

1. The death of one of my dogs, taco.

One of dogs passed away this week by heart attack. I was holding him in my arms as he had his last moments in this life.

This was probably the closest I've ever been to death. I've had loved ones pass before, but I have never actually witnessed it. Witnessing my dog's death reminded me that our life is SHORT. Not like I have 50-70 years left to live short, more like tomorrow is never promised short. There’s more important things in life than holding grudges, complaining about what we don’t have, or whatever you think is holding you back in doing what you want. We only have one life, let’s enjoy each moment we are blessed with to the fullest.

2. Persistence and Determination of my girlfriend

"Doing your best means never stop trying." -Unknown

My girlfriend, Stephanie, recently took a workshop that changed her life. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but there's a different aura she exudes compared to before. She's a lot more relaxed and certainly surer of herself.

But that workshop was only the beginning of her process. There's an advanced course that she wants to go to, but in order to get there, she had to raise $995 for the course. And she only had a week to raise $995.

She reached that goal. It was quite a challenge, some people don’t even make that in a week, but she was intent and determined to reach that goal. And sure enough she did.

Like they say, “anything is possible once you put your mind to it.”

3. Kindness of others



"The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention." -Oscar Wilde

This coincides with how Stephanie raised her money. She wouldn't be where she is if it weren't for the people that were kind enough to lend her a helping hand. Throughout this whole week, the amount of people and the amount of donations they’ve been giving have been extraordinary.

It’s really shown me that we aren’t alone in reaching our goals, and it’s OK to ask for help.
I think the greatness of mankind shines when we give ourselves up for something bigger.

Want more? Here are some previous Inspired posts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow Us On Twitter Facebook Youtube