Monday, January 30, 2012

Inspired #18


By Emeroy Bernardo

This was inspired by the writer of The Simple Dollar. Every week I will be sharing the top 3 things that have inspired me as a person throughout the week.


Sorry I missed posting last week! 


1. MITT Advanced Course
Sunday, January 8 I graduated from my Advanced Course with MITT. I have to say it was one of the most life changing 5 days I've ever had. There were a lot of eye openers that were brought to my attention.
For example, I knew there were things that were holding me back, but I never knew in what scale and where it stemmed from.
I've learned more about myself here than anywhere else. I've read plenty of quotes saying, "Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself," and "there's always room for improvement."
I truly feel like those aren't just quotes anymore, they're a reality. The only thing that can ever stop me is me.

2. Jayvee Instructor Retreat

This past weekend was Jayvee Dance Center's instructor retreat! A couple reasons why I was excited.

This wasn't taken from the trip. But damn it's beautiful!

1. It's a get away from the city. I love living in the city. But sometimes it's just great to get away from it all and not worry about responsibility. It's like a quick sigh of relief.
2. Create a connection with the other instructors. I'm pretty good acquaintances with most of the instructors in Jayvee, but I don't really know who they are as people. I saw this as a great opportunity to build not only the friendships I have now, but to also build some new ones as well.

3. Seeing snow fall for the first time

During the last day of the retreat, it started raining, or so I thought. The moment some of the other instructors started saying it was snowing it took me a couple of moments to actually let it register. I couldn't help be lost in wonder as I watched it fall. I felt like a little kid again. It was such an amazing experience and such a blessing that I was able to watch it before heading back home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow Us On Twitter Facebook Youtube