Monday, December 5, 2011

Inspired #13

By Emeroy Bernardo

This was inspired by the writer of The Simple Dollar. Every week I will be sharing the top 3 things that have inspired me as a person throughout the week.

1. Video Editing
It's half way through the season with Fam Biz, and we'll be having a Christmas banquet in celebration of the holidays. So I've been putting together a recap video of how the season has been so far.

Doing these videos remind me of how much I enjoy capturing moments and using them to send an overall message. And I'm super excited to share this video with everyone else.

Here's a couple of videos I did a while back.




2. Why I enjoy my job
I recently worked about 20.5 hours straight for work about 2 weeks ago. They gave me thanksgiving week off in compensation for all the extra work.

I came into work refreshed and focused. I'm a technical artist as well as an animator where I work. So what I've been doing is writing out a script/code to help automate everything I did to prevent me having to do another 20.5 hours again. The progress so far is promising, a lot of research and development right now.

I enjoy coming up with new tools to make my job and the animator's job easier because it feels like a puzzle I'm trying to solve, and its what can really really get me stuck on a computer for hours. I love that feeling of figuring out a solution. I honestly feel like House trying to find a solution to a patient's illness.

3. Converting into tablets to read
I'm not the hugest fan of using tablets to read. I'm kind of old school when comes to reading books. I like the feel of paper, highlighting and writing in it. I love the actual feeling of a book in my hands.
I also have no argument in keeping it simple, and that's exactly what tablets do. It simplifies the way books can be read.
I recently decided to give it a shot and what really sold me is that  you could actually highlight and write notes on the ebooks as well! I'm big on highlighting and writing on my books and this feature sold me.
So I've decided to finish up the books I currently have and begin getting all my books digitally if it's available.

4. Battling one of my students for Krump
This past tuesday night one of my students asked to battled me after class. The original plan was one round, but it became round after round after round.

It was a great battle and I really enjoy how he stepped up to get better. It's my belief that if you want to bethe best you've got to surround yourself from the best, learn from the best, and even fight the best.
It's a great way to measure and see where you're at. Find out what works and what doesnt work.
You train, do battle, then re- train. That's how we evolve.

5. Finally learning how to budget.
I finally learned how to put together a monthly budget, and I must say it feels good to know where my money is going.

I used to hate the idea of it because i thought I was limiting what I was spending on. In reality, I'm already deciding what I'm goin to do with my money before using it. Thy way I'm not left on the dust wondering where my money went.

Yes, it's challenging putting together and I'm aware that I'll probably struggle keeping it together for the next couple of months. But it'll be worth it in the long run.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow Us On Twitter Facebook Youtube