Sunday, February 20, 2011

To Feel Inspired, I Must Inspire Others

By CJ Capili

So, got home and I have this feeling inside me. Something that's making me smile, and I can't help but feel refreshed.
Today feels different, and I know its a good thing something I've needed for the past few weeks.

School started = no big deal, challenges will come and I will be ready.

But tonight, something hit me. Something that only others already know.
I came back to dance for Fam Biz, not because i need to get out of my depression, I wanted to dance and be part of the family to continue where I left off. I'm inspired, I'm motivated and i want to expand my horizon. They are family, they are my roots, they are what brings me joy and brings me closer to what i love the most.

The past few weeks, since i came back. I have this urge, this drive to work to push myself to the edge. I'm slowly losing weight( I think ) because of practice and my work outs. But picking up the pieces by the choreographer for our set makes me feel proud, because even though i was gone, I feel like I was still there in the end. And though i can't be part of our upcoming performance that will not stop me from working harder and harder.

And now how I feel tonight wasn't just something that erupted to my face or some shit. Emeroy gave me and  Alyssa the responsibility to teach Steph's piece, THOUGH we don't know how to teach the piece, i gave Alyssa to take lead because i can't fully teach. But during that whole time i had this feeling of pride. That these people in the team that are either new to choreo or completely new to dancing, we can help in many ways. Though it was hard, it was all worth while. I was able to see the capabilities of these people that were learning, they need to be pushed to have motivation and guided to become better dancers.

Now there is a person in the team I have been talking with, giving advice, giving words that I know I went through. He's new to this experience and giving him my thoughts made me feel stronger as a dancer. Motivated to learn, and motivated to improve myself so I can teach. I want to teach, iIhave this itch to just dance when I'm hooked onto my ipod. And the day I can teach is the day I can be at the top of the world.

Bottom line is, giving advices and guidance to dancing feels great. Though i am not the best, and will be honest about it, I won't let it stop me from working harder and become a better dancer. I won't stop from helping others in the team, and giving my experience.

Today was a day I never expected to happen. Been wanting to find the strength to get out of my rut, and shit today was just perfect. What i always wanted to feel. Time will do its thing, and I'll use this opportunity to build myself from the bottom up.

thanks for the motivation and strength. :D
ORRAAAH!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow Us On Twitter Facebook Youtube