Friday, February 18, 2011

Takin' A Look Back

By Matt The Shat

Everytime I step into Jayvee I remember all the jams all the random sessions when all the Bboys would be getting down there. That was a great time soooo much talent. Everyone holding it down. And til this day there's soo much. The first New Kids on The Block jam went down there. And how many years later that jam is going on today (good shit NES!) Big ups to Fam Biz tonight, they hold it down 150%...they never cease to amaze me...
Even though choreo isn't my first style of choice I have an absolute respect towards it and appreciate it. I honestly give it up for cats that get down like that. The musicality they have is pretty amazing to me, just because the moves aren't as athletic the style is just soooo nasty. That's where its not about the moves but the groove comes into play. As much as I love bboying I honestly enjoy watching different styles get down. What I love about it hip hop is that it doesn't discriminate, it welcomes ALL STYLES. They had the rejectz performing the CAT DADDY at bboy summit and even taught it, real talk. Ughh well I forgot I was gonna put some crap on here but ya naw.

Urban Street Jam march fif, I know no ones doing shit that day so come out and support. Support the cats that believe in what hip hops all about peace love and unity under whatever religion you believe in. People forget hip hops not just a genre of music you think you like, its an artform that shaped this very fukin country!!!!!

On a last note just think, without hip hop without Rap without Bboying, without Graff, without the DJ, and Emcee where would this WORLD even be?!

Just think.....then BE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow Us On Twitter Facebook Youtube