Friday, August 19, 2011

The (Lonely) Creative Process

By KennyDiamond

Why do people worry about being lonesomeAre they afraid of what cognition might be perceived in their minds if they’re not distracted by company? I for one, embrace it. Loneliness bears numerous things: aspiration, fears and even a disorderly imagination but it can bear a creative procedure as well, it’s really up to you to determine what to do with those thoughts. In the moments that you are alone, you will truly see yourself as the person you really are.

A great amount, if not all of us, put up to some extent of a front when out in the crowd with other individuals and maybe because we fear rejection or have trouble trusting others so we keep our thoughts and feelings guarded. And when we are alone, those guarded thoughts and bottled emotions become fugitives no longer imprisoned, escaping onto the paper and blogs. Or maybe that’s just me, but whatever the case may be, what is it about autophobia that seems to influence many people? I wish I knew…
I’m the complete opposite of that. I wouldn’t necessarily say I have demophobia (which is the fear of large crowds) but at times I do undergo a level of anxiety when I’m around a lot of people. I have no problem being around a crowd given the right circumstances at the right time but if being around people becomes excessive, I not only become anxious, I get annoyed and I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. Anyways, I feel like I’m getting sidetracked with my subject of discussion so I’ll get back to the point.
Most of the time, I like it better to be alone during the creative process because it’s more tranquil which allows me to think without having to cope with with unfocused perspicacity, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like to surround myself with artistic and interesting people. If anything, all my poetry and blogs are a homage to them. They’re the starting point of my motivation and without them, I wouldn’t be where I am today and dare I say, I wouldn’t be writing or doing spoken word poetry. Now that I cannot imagine.

One Love,
@KennyDiamond







Want to read more from KennyDiamond? Here are some other articles done by him.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow Us On Twitter Facebook Youtube